You can conveniently and safely shop online from Nigeria without falling a victim of internet scams. Online shopping saves time and money. But before you shop online, you need to be careful and watch out for online/internet scams because it is not everything is available online is what it appears to be. Before you shop online, you need to make sure of:
(1) Legitimacy - make sure that the business is legitimate. Depending on the location of the business; you can call or send them an email to find out how legitimate they are. E.g. business license and affiliates, etc.
(3) Security – Is the website secured? Does it have a “Security Certificate”? A security should say something like “This Web site is secured with a “the-Security-company-name” Web Server Certificate. Transactions on the site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption”. It is important to make sure that a website has security certificate, this will ensure safe transaction on the website.
(4) Safe Online Payment – Are they a verified merchant? Make sure they are a genuine merchant. If the website accepts INTERSWITCH, you can contact Interswitch to verify that the online store is their merchant. Interswitch has a list of approved merchants on their website.
(5) Ask questions – if you do not understand their policies or something, or you are not sure. Ask question for clarifications.
(6) Be Smart - do not post your orders, address, phone number, and other private information on comment or wall of social networks or fan pages. You can send an email or call the business to give them the information.
Please share this information with your family and friends, so that they do not fall victims.
ONLINE SHOPPING FROM NIGERIA IS SAFE, YOU JUST HAVE TO BE SMART!